Tuesday 6 December 2011

Best Budget Buys for a Night Out

I decided not to take any photo's due to the fact that I didn't really like the quality of my iPhone camera for the other photo's, but if you really want some photo's please let me know :). All of these (except ELF) are available from Boots or Superdrug.

17 Photo Flawless Primer (£4.99) - This is the best budget primer I've used. It creates a smooth matte base, similar to Body Shop Matte It Primer (if any of you have used it) and really does leave skin flawless for foundation application.

Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect (£9.50) is great. It has medium coverage but is quite lightweight so it doesn't feel like it sits on your skin. It gives a really nice dewy finish and is oil free. I love using this in winter when my skin is a bit drier compared to a foundation made for combination oily skin. A disadvantage to this product however is that the colour range isn't amazing. My sister uses Sleek Skin Revive Foundation (around £7) which comes in 30 different shades. Because of the large colour range, if you needed to, you could mix 2 different colours together to get your perfect shade. It's silicone based but oil free and gives medium to full coverage depending on how you apply it.

17 Hideaway Cream Concealer (£3.99). I find this concealer the best for under eye circles due to it's creamy consistency. I don't really like the stick ones for under the eye as they drag and I find them a bit harder to blend in. This is also good for blemishes, so I would recommend buying two colours - one a similar shade to your foundation for blemishes, and one a few shades lighter for under eye circles.

17 Loose Powder (£5.49) - this is a good budget translucent powder, and I find it can go on flawlessly as long as you use a good brush and aren't too heavy handed, otherwise it's cakey.

ELF Mineral Blush in Coral (£3.50) or ELF All Over Colour Stick in Pink Lemonade (£1.50) and this smells absolutely gorgeous too! It's in a cream formula with a slight shimmer so perfect as a dewy blush and really easy to blend. You can buy other colours to use as highlighters.

Barry M Dazzle Dust (£4.50) - the range of colours are amazing! As well as that, they are highly pigmented and really easy to blend, plus they last all night, which is always good. The actual pot lasts ages too because it's a loose powder and you really don't need a lot. These are a great budget buy if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to something like MAC loose pigments.

Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner (£7.99) - I have this one in brown which I bought in Hong Kong but you can only get the black one in the UK. They last for ages, so this would be my second favourite to BB Gel Eyeliner.

Collection 2000 Skyscraper Mascara (£4.99) - I LOVE this mascara, and it's so affordable! I bought this after I saw that the brush had two sides (shorter bristles for the lower lashes, and longer bristles for the top lashes) and wanted to see if it compared to Max Factor Masterpiece (which it does) as that is my usual mascara.

Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (£2.99) - I think this is quite good for its price, however you do have to be quite careful with this, as if you are too heavy handed, you end up looking a bit like a drag queen with drawn on eyebrows (which is never a good look, unless that is the look you are going for). The downside is that they only come in 2 colours (hazel brown and dark brown) so don't cater for those with lighter eyebrows.

Collection 2000 Lipstick (£2.99) - they have lots of colours, which are pigmented and last a long time. I wore one of these on a night out. I only re-applied once. I could have gotten away with not, but I just wanted to freshen it up. Fantastic value for money!

Miss Sporty Hollywood Lipgloss (£2.99) - These lipglosses are my new crush! They have 6 or so colours, all with shimmer, and they all smell gorgeous! I bought a goldy coloured one recently which looks really nice when you lightly dab it over a nude lipstick, it really makes the lips look juicy and bigger, which is always a bonus!

Hope this helps :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment