Sunday 4 December 2011

Perfect Night Out Make Up

These are currently my fave make up products for a night out, plus false lashes and Estee Lauder Double Wear mascara, which I forgot to take photos of!!

Urban Decay De-Slick in a Tube (£18, left) which is a mattifying primer - it's really good for oily skin, which I have, and really helps to keep foundation on. There are times when I won't use this, such as with a really matte foundation. I try not to use it in the day because I like skin to have a more dewy natural look in the day.

Lancome Teint Idole in 03 (£28.10, right) is a great foundation, again for oily/combination skin as it is semi-matte and has long wear. I find this great for a night out because it stays on for so long, and my face doesn't end up looking oily after a good old dance!


Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach (£17, left) is probably the best dark circle concealer I have ever used. I don't even need to use concealer. It just brightens up the area by cancelling out the dark colour. Most people will need one with a yellow undertone, with a very small minority needing one with a pink undertone (this will be people with very pale porcelain skin). Light peach is the best colour for me at this time of year, as my summer tan is starting to fade - in the summer I would use Peach to go with my tan. So it's always best to have 2 colours.
Do NOT use this on blemishes as this will make them stick out like a sore thumb! Although I have found that this can help to disguise scars on the face which are pitted, just dab a bit into the scar and blend in gently by tapping with your fingers. For the under eye area, apply into the dark corner on the bridge of the nose, all the way under the eye, up to the lash line and pat in with your finger before setting with translucent powder.


 MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (£17.50, right) is great because it suits any skintone. A lot of "transparent" powders aren't truly transparent and end up making people with darker skin tones look ashy. Both my friend (half jamaican) and I (half chinese) use this and it's fantastic. It's also very lightweight and you don't need to use much. I've had this pot for over a year now and I still have loads left - well worth it!


 Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Baked (£13, left) - this is my newest UD purchase and I love love love it! It's a coppery gold colour, with excellent colour payoff and great staying power! I like to wear this with bold lips just for a bit of colour, but I don't blend it with other colours as the attention is the lips. If I were going to add another colour to this, I would use another UD e/s in Smog, because it's a brown-bronze colour which works really well with this colour.

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Ink (£16.50, right) is also the best eyeliner I have ever used. It lasts all day, and all night and I never need to touch it up. And should I fall asleep with my make up on (very naughty), it's still looking great when you wake up (extra time in bed!). I like to use this to do flicks, as it's long wearing, easy to use and is really pigmented. I also like to use this for a bit of a grungy eye by colouring in my whole lid with it (great for nights out!)


ELF Mineral Blush in Coral (£3.50, left) is great. It has great colour payoff, and is a mineral blusher, which is amazing for this price. This is a peachy coral colour and gives a fantastic glow on a night out. You also don't have to use a lot to get good colour build up so it lasts for ages!

Benefit Brow Zings in Dark (£22.50, right) is amazing for filling in brows. Yes, it is expensive, but it is definitely the best one I've use and you don't need to use too much - I've had this one for nearly 3 years and it's still perfect to use. Use the pigmented wax (left) for shaping and taming unruly eyebrow hairs. You may not even need to use the shadow after the wax, but for nights out, set the wax and fill in the brows with the powder. Groomed brows frame a face perfectly.

Finally, Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani in Rouge 402 (£23, left) is amazing. The colour suits everyone. I actually bought this in duty free for £19, and I am not sorry that I parted with that amount of cash. The colour is fantastic, highly pigmented and lasts for ages! I would say if you were going to look for a red lipstick, that this colour would be a winner - the closest I have found to this shade is the Bourjois Sweet Kiss in Rose Seduisant (which I posted about below), but it still isn't as perfect as this shade!




I know that all of these items are a little pricey, so I will do another post in a few days on the best budget products that I would use and have used on a night out, Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I really want to get that Bobbi Brown corrector/concealer. I have heard such amazing things about it, its just so expensive!
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dolly Daydream,

    It is quite expensive, but I've had that one pot in the picture for over a year, you really don't need much. I would definitely say that it is worth the money!

    ReplyDelete